1. Why do I need a Cush'n Shade?
- If you want to give your face extra protection from the harmful and aging effects of ultra violet radiation then you will want to recline under the 50+ UV Protection provided by the Cush’n Shade® . Independently tested and certified rating from ARPANSA (Australian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Agency) who are recognised as one of the most advanced testing houses in this sector.
- If you like to read while relaxing in the sun then the Cush’n Shade® will guarantee to make this a far more enjoyable experience.
- If you like to relax in the sun while you are tanning and find it difficult to be comfortable and even sometimes develop a headache when the sun is beaming down on your head and face then you will really benefit from using the Cush’n Shade®.
- If you are travelling on vacation to a sunny destination either to a hotel, resort or on a cruise the Cush’n Shade® will give you personal shade when umbrellas are not available and make for a more enjoyable vacation.
- If your hair is chemically treated (color or permed) then you already know how the sun affects it, leaving it bleached, dry and frizzy. Because the sun removes colour and dries locks, it can also make hair look dull.
- If you like head and neck support while you are lying down you will love the Cush’n Shade® comfy cushion
2. How will a Cush’n Shade help to prevent skin damage?
- “Prevention is better then cure” is an old wise saying. It is a fact that the sun is the number one cause of skin damage and wrinkles. The face is also the most important part of the body to protect, as it is constantly exposed to the sun. We encourage everyone to continue to use sun screens with high SPF’s all of the time, but when lying out in the sun ,using a Cush’n Shade® will give the highest protection and therefore help to reduce damage caused by the sun.
3. Does the UV protection ware off over time?
- Definitely not! The shade is designed to give 50+ UV protection from the sun. We actually achieve this with a single layer of fabric and the shade has a double layer! 50+ UPF is the highest rating that ARPANSA (Australian Radiation and Nuclear Safety Agency) award.
4. How does Cush'n Shade work on a sun lounger?
- The Cush´n Shade can be used on any type of lounge or beach chair including those found in hotels, resorts and on cruise ships and there is no need for any additional attachments! The specially designed carry strap simply wraps around the back of the lounge chair. Tightening by pulling on the strap, keeps the Cush´n Shade firmly in place even in windy conditions. The strap is adjustable and will fit both wide and narrow sun lounger.
5. Can the Cush’n Shade be used on the beach?
- Yes most definitely! If you like to lie directly on your towel on the beach/lawn then the Cush’n Shade can simply be placed on the towel and it will stand alone.
6. Does it come assembled?
- The Cush’n Shade arrives unassembled in a stylish carry bag. This makes it highly portable for taking on vacation. The assembly process couldn’t be simpler. You click 4 bars into place and then slide the fabrics onto the frame. This takes no more then 90 seconds as this video clearly demonstrates. View Video
Once assembled it can stay assembled forever or disassemble again if you want it more compact for packing away in your suitcase.
7. Just how portable is the Cush’n Shade?
- Picture a rolled up beach towel, well it is smaller and lighter than that! It measures just 16 ½ x 3 ½ x 4 ½ inches or 42 x 9 x 11cm in its packaging. It weighs only 1.14Ibs or 800 grams. This image shows it packed in a small suitcase which is even suitable for bringing onboard as hand luggage.
8. Can I purchase a second set of cushion and shade covers ?
- The cushion and shade covers (without the frames) will be available to purchase from our site shortly.
9. What are the washing instructions?
- Remove both the shade and pillow fabric and machine wash as per instruction label.
10. Can I bring my Cush’n Shade on a plane?
- Yes. Because the frame is made from ABS plastic passengers are allowed bring their Cush'n Shade onto the plane.
11. Where do you deliver to?
- We dispatch orders from Fort Worth, Texas which gives us the quickest delivery times nationwide. We also deliver to Canada, Mexico, Australia and most European Countries.
12. When will my goods arrive?
- We ship within 24 hours of receiving your order. If you choose Fast Post your order will be delivered via UPS. Shipping time varies between 1-5 days depending on your location in the US. Canada is an extra 1-3 days, again depending on location.
Normal or slow posy post takes an additional 2-3 days and there is no tracking facility.
13. Can I have my goods sent to a different delivery address?
- Yes. We understand that many customers are at work during the day and may like to take delivery there, or want to send the Cush’n Shade® as a gift, so you can have items sent to a different delivery address. We will need your billing address as well. When you proceed to the checkout you will be given the option to insert the preferred delivery address.
14. How does the gift voucher work?
The Cush’n Shade makes a truly unique and useful gift that you will be remember for. 24% of orders received online to date have been purchased as a gift. Due to demand, we have provided a Gift Voucher facility which the customer can print and include with their gift card, or email to the recipient, allowing them to redeem the gift code, choose their own choice of fabric color and include their preferred delivery address.
15. Is it safe to buy online at Cush’n Shade™?
- Absolutely! This website uses the most advanced software available to encrypt your credit/debit card details (SSL - Secure Sockets Layer) for both trade sales and private sales. The details you enter are coded, making it unreadable to anyone but ourselves. We also never store any credit cards details on our server. You will notice the Thawte Security Certificate on the bottom of your screen when you enter our secure area.
- We are committed to protecting your details. We will never give, sell, transfer, or release your personal information, including name or e-mail address, to any third party. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our customer information at all times.
17. Does Cush'n Shade have a Return Policy?
- If you are not 100% satisfied within 14 days of your purchase we will exchange the merchandise or refund your money whichever you prefer. The customer must e-mail cushnshade.com, using the Contact Us email form prior to returning any merchandise. Defective products must be returned in their original factory packing. Make sure to include the shipping slip and Returns Authorisation Number given by us. Returns are not accepted without a Return Authorisation Number. We do ask that goods returned to us because of a change of heart be unused and in perfect, re-saleable condition (including product packaging). All shipping charges for returned or exchanged items are at the customer's expense. Returns must be shipped prepaid to the address on our ‘contact us’ page. Items received ‘payment on delivery’ will be refused. Your account will be credited when the returned merchandise has been received by us. We advise that you return things to us using a recorded delivery for your own protection, as we are unable to take responsibility for any items lost in transit.
18. What should I do if the goods arrive damaged?
- In the unlikely event you receive a damaged product you must report this to us within two days of receiving your delivery. It is the customer's responsibility to contact cushnshade.com within two days via e-mail using our Contact Us email Form for approval. The order number and a brief detailed summary of the problem are required in the e-mail. The customer will be subsequently contacted. Returned damaged merchandise, which has not been reported within the 7 days of delivery, will be refused. We will gladly replace the damaged merchandise or offer a refund.